Day three with Alex was a little bit stressful. I overworked myself yesterday and I'm paying for it now. Also we found out his has a minor case of Persistent Pulmonary Hypertension of the Newborn, I know crazy long name. The explanation of what that is and everything is on the second picture. Also we found a way for the kids to see him, check out the photos!
-----
He's just relaxing in his bed. I thought I'd make a record of what all his wires do so I have it for later. The one in his nose is for oxygen (yes he's back on it, long story), The one near his shoulder is to check his heart rate. By his diaper is for breathing rate. The black one on his tummy compares levels of O2 and CO2 in his blood. There is an IV in his right wrist/hand. Finally on his right foot is the blood oxygen monitor. It is quite difficult to maneuver this kid around to do anything.
-----
-----
He's just relaxing in his bed. I thought I'd make a record of what all his wires do so I have it for later. The one in his nose is for oxygen (yes he's back on it, long story), The one near his shoulder is to check his heart rate. By his diaper is for breathing rate. The black one on his tummy compares levels of O2 and CO2 in his blood. There is an IV in his right wrist/hand. Finally on his right foot is the blood oxygen monitor. It is quite difficult to maneuver this kid around to do anything.-----

A close up with his crazy big binky. I like how it's the size of his head. Also his yucky hair. They can't give him a bath because it's too stressful but I convinced them to wash his hair today, this is the before.
Also he's back on oxygen because he has a mild case of a breathing problem called Persistent Pulmonary Hypertension of the Newborn. Basically his blood isn't flowing like it needs to though his lungs and thus his oxygen levels in his blood are low. It's something that just has to fix itself and he is on oxygen to speed up the process. He has another echocardiograhm on Monday and if that turns out well he will be able to come home next week!
-----
Here he is after the hair washing. He looks so handsome and I just love his little hand by his mouth!-----
He was also much more awake and alert today. Here he is checking me out and sucking on his IV club - one of his favorite things to do.-----
Alex's first non-family visitor. It was so nice of my Annelise to visit. She got to hold the baby for awhile and I got in some nice chatting time, which always helps me de-stress.-----
We had the most awesome nurse ever today. I was looking out Alex's window and wondering if you could see back though it. Well, it turns out we could so with the help of his nurse we were able to show the kids the baby. They waited below with Aaron. *Try to ignore the naked lady statues in the background.
-----

No comments:
Post a Comment