Friday, April 30, 2010

More Baby Alex

I'm waiting for Alex to get hungry and ready to eat again so I thought I'd update the blog a little. These pictures are already on facebook but many of my faithful and lovely followers don't use or have it. He's doing much better today. He's off the oxygen and is eating well. Hopefully that means we get to take him home with me on Sunday.
-----


He opened his eyes very briefly yesterday and I had to get this shot.
-----


You can just see how excited I was to get to see my baby boy yesterday. I saw him in the OR but it was a bad angle and only briefly so I was excited to spend a little time with him.
-----


The proud parents.
-----


This morning Alex got off the oxygen!! I'm so excited that my little man is doing well. His breathing is getting better and he might even be able to come home with me on Sunday but we won't know for certain until tomorrow.
-----


My first picture holding Alex. I was so excited! He's so adorable and makes the cutest little noises, grunts and moans, I love it!
-----


Alex got to eat for the first time today too. He was just on IV fluids but here I got to feed him what I've been pumping while he couldn't eat. Hopefully we'll get him to nurse later today.
-----


I LOVE this picture, it's my favorite so far! He was eating and had a little burp and was making the cutest faces so I had Nana grab the camera.
-----


Nana (my mom) holding Alex for the first time. She'd seen him before but we weren't aloud to hold him until today.
-----


Nana bought Alex some balloons and the cutest toy fox ever. Alex thought they were very interesting floating over his head.
-----


Aaron got to hold Alex for the first time too. Alex was very alert and checking him out. He kept wrinkling his brow and Aaron was saying he was thinking, "who are you?"
-----


More checking out the Dad. I'm so glad that he's doing well enough to hold and eat.
-----

2 comments:

  1. So precious. I'm so glad he's doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Julie! Sounds like all is going well!! He's a cutie!

    ReplyDelete