Spencer had Kinder- garten Round-Up today, basically he goes and checks out what Kinder- garten is like and they evaluate him to see if he's ready for all day Kindergarten or if he needs a special class. Aaron dropped him off and he all but ran into the teachers arms. No separation anxiety at all. He had to come home and tell me all about his day and I'm recording it here so I have it for later. First he played in the sand. Then he sat on a carpet and read a book and sang songs. He knew a few of the songs which made him so happy. Then he pretended to be an animal. He was a bunny and a bird.
After the animal pretending he got to color this world. He even wrote his own name on the paper. I don't know if they even gave him the option he can usually do it but it looks like a teacher did it this time. He said he felt like he had to hurry. It made me laugh like he was critiquing his own art.
He had a lot to say about this picture. He said, "I cut out the mountains. It was easy. The dark green one is a turtle. It could be a rock, but I want it to be a turtle. The green line on the top is for electricity. The green line by the mountains is to make them easier to climb." They had a fancy green marker to make the leaves. He says, "I tried to pull and pull but it didn't work. I had to twist to the right. The marker was fun I went bam bam bam on the paper and made the leaves." Then he went on to say, "I put glue on the back on everything, like the fish and the turtle and the mountains and the tree, but not the leaves. The turtle is afraid of the fish. That's why his head is not quite out."Here is his commentary on the next part. "The snack was supposed to be so I didn't get hungry while I was at school. I had a cookie and chocolate milk and I drank the whole box. The girl next to me had white milk. My cookie was chocolate chip cookie. They were both yummy chocolate but I didn't drink both of them, I had to eat the cookie."
"This part was so we had a fun day. It was a parachute. It was fun because I like it. You shaked it, that was all about. It was so much fun. My teacher had a black bag with balloons. They were all yellow. She told me when to stop and I had to stop shaking. We got to take the balloons home.
I love how all of his thoughts are so fragmented and random, it makes me laugh. We can't wait for real school to start in the fall! My little man is growing up fast.
Spencer, I am so glad that you liked school. You did such a great job on your world, you picture, and you liked your cookie & milk. I will see you soon. Love you, Nana
ReplyDeleteYay for going to school. It really sounds like he had a great time. I can't believe our boys are going to school in the fall!
ReplyDelete