I noticed that I haven't been great at updating the blog. So here is all that has happened since the last post. He's gotten over all his problems while in the NICU and came home on Saturday, May 8th. We blessed him on the 9th which was also Mother's Day and really neat. His siblings just adore him, especially Amelia, and I'm loving what a great little sleeper he is. Last night he only woke us up one time.
-----
5/3 - Spencer, with some help from Nana, made this great picture of him and Alex to hang in Alex's hospital room. It was so sweet! He even wrote their names, he ran out of room writing Alex so he said the x had to be on the bottom. Miya is all about simplicity and wanted to use a stamp instead of drawing a picture but she did write their names. We hung this pictures in his room until he came home.
-----
-----
5/3 - Spencer, with some help from Nana, made this great picture of him and Alex to hang in Alex's hospital room. It was so sweet! He even wrote their names, he ran out of room writing Alex so he said the x had to be on the bottom. Miya is all about simplicity and wanted to use a stamp instead of drawing a picture but she did write their names. We hung this pictures in his room until he came home.-----
5/3 - He had a bit of jaundice while he was in the hospital. His doctor, Dr. Yuille, came in to examine him and said, "Woah, he's yellow like a banana." We cracked up laughing and had to write it down and take his picture so we would remember. He is pretty yellow here.
5/5 - He kept getting more and more like a banana so they had to treat him for his jaundice. He looks pretty cool under the blue lights with his awesome shades. Overnight they also removed his oxygen and by this point he was finally breathing room air on his own.-----
5/5 I think he gets too warm or something because he is always kicking off his blankets and poking out a leg or two. It's pretty cute.-----
5/6 - I love that he's white knuckling the bottle here. He had the full 2 ounces (60ml). It was a great feeding and we were all so impressed with him. This was also the first time he got to wear clothes and of course I chose to put him in duckies, my favorite!-----
5/8 - A teeny drop in the bucket. He's just so small! He's also sporting his first ever outfit. They had him in some jammies but here he's got actual clothes, what an accomplishment!-----
5/8 - Amelia was asleep when he came home but the other kids were right there and full of excitement to see their new brother for the first time. They weren't allowed to come visit him while he was in the hospital. Once we held him up to the window but I can't imagine the view was that great.-----
5/8 - Spencer holding his little brother for the first time. Look at that smile! What a cute and happy boy.-----
5/8 - Miya and Alex. She was so excited to hold him too and kept saying how "cute, and small, and little, and tiny" he was.-----
5/8 - We were all a little nervous at how Amelia would react to a new baby in the house. Waste of time!! She loves her baby. She was all ready to hold him when she woke up from her nap. In fact when we were all done taking this picture I went to pick him up and she latched on to him and wouldn't let me take him. She held him for a long time and several more times this same day.-----
5/8 - More of my sweet Amelia loving her baby.-----
5/9 - We blessed Alex at church today. It was really fun to be able to bless him on Mother's Day and I am so grateful that he came home from the hospital in time to be able to do it while everyone was still here. My Mom and Jim left shortly after this picture was taken.-----
5/9 - The kids with Grandma and Grandpa Schloemer.-----
5/9 - Me and my sweet Alex. I love this little guy and I'm so happy he's finally home and well.-----



He is so teeny and precious! In the picture with abby he really just looks like a baby doll. I'm so happy he's home now. You look great in that last pic, too
ReplyDelete