Friday, May 29, 2009

Little Chefs and Julie's New Job

The kids decided to make us some banana bread, slave labor! Just kidding, we were all doing it together on Monday but the kids really were a great help. Aaron was going to get more ingredients and the kids kept going without him.

Amelia even helped! Isn't she such a cutie?! Aaron gave her the spoon and she dumped it in the bowl he was holding for her, I'm pretty glad she actually hit the bowl with the nutmeg instead of spreading it all over, it was a lucky shot.

Aaron, the kids, and the banana bread. I love how Spencer and Amelia are both really checking it out.

We left the banana bread to cool and the baby was eying it with her hand in her mouth. We could totally tell she wanted some.

Aaron let her have a little piece. She sucked it down! Even better news is that she kept it down afterward.

In other news I got a job! I now work for a daycare in Altoona. I started on Wednesday and worked Thursday and Friday too. On Thursday our friend Julie Matthews watched them for us because Aaron was working but on Friday I brought them to the daycare with me while Aaron worked. They had a lot of fun. We had to take pictures of them on their first day of "school". Spencer was so excited he couldn't stop talking about it.

Here are their supercute backpacks. Miya's is a pig and Spencer's is just green, he had a lot of choices but had to have the green one of course.

Amelia came too here she is all ready to go. No backpack for her but we do have a cute Baby Einstein diaper bag. She was a great baby for them. Hardly cried at all and had a three hour nap.

Here's the daycare. We use the whole building including the walkout basement. I care for 12 really challenging three to four year-olds or 6 quasi-well behaved four to five year olds depending upon the day.

Part of the playground. It's really big and lots of fun stuff to play on they even have an area for really little kids.

4 comments:

  1. You've had a busy week! That's awesome that you can take your kids to work with you. That works out great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Julie on your new job. I am sure the kids will love all the time with their "new" friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad for you! Hopefully that works out for you and your family. The Banana bread looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did it!!! I'm excited you got the daycare job! We're so homesick but we get to come back next week. :) Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete