Sunday, June 14, 2009

Washington/Oregon Vacation

We had a lot of fun on our trip. We got about 340 pictures and I narrowed it down to 96 on facebook and 17 for the blog. You can click through the facebook by clicking here. Otherwise enjoy the narrowed down version.
-----

We flew to Washington with two stops on the way out. The flight to Minneapolis was Amelia's first flight and she slept through nearly the whole thing. What a good baby I have!

-----
Aaron and I got to go to the Portland Temple with a lot of my family. It was so nice to go back it's been a long time as we don't live very near a temple and finding money for gas and someone to watch three small children all day long is hard. Being that it is a really rainy area the Temple has a little area inside the temple for pictures.
-----
A rare shot with everyone excluding Sarah and me, I was taking the picture and I don't know what happened to Sarah. Andy and Abby weren't able to make it and they were missed but I think they are what saved us from not having an organized group family picture and thus Aaron is probably grateful.
-----
A family photo on the beach. Spencer was excited to break out the bucket that Aunt Jenn fixed up for him.
-----
We took a picture with Nana and Papa Jim the day Amelia was blessed but it didn't work out well, thus we had to try again and it turned out great this time. You can see the funny original by clicking here.
-----
My good lookin' man being my hunter gatherer.
-----
Miya loved splashing in the puddles and walking along the beach. She is such a little explorer. I love the background stuff in this picture too.
-----
Spencer made several attempts at digging to China. He got pretty close a couple of times but had to start over again each time we went to the beach.
-----
Aaron and Amelia check out the water. The baby fell asleep every time we went near the water. I think the rhythm of the waves did it.
-----
I'll admit I stole this idea from my cousin Jennifer Hanrahan but somehow her's turned out better. It was really hard to find the right consistency of sand to leave a visible footprint. To close to the water it was all mush and just left a big puddle. To far it was just a big hole. In the end we got close to the right mixture but the kids were sick of our scientific testing of feet and sand combinations and we just had to get it done at that point. We are in age order with Amelia on the far left and Aaron on the far right.
-----
After the footprints I could tell Amelia wasn't done so I helped her get her feet in it. She loved it. You can see Amelia's toes checking out the cool sand.
-----
Wondering what the story is with her feet I'm sure.
-----
We went swimming in a pool while we were there too (the ocean was way too cold). At first it wasn't going to work it but it did in the end and I am really grateful for everyone who made that happen for us. We had so much fun! Plus, look how good Amelia and I look in our suits. More bragging again, I know.
-----
A family shot. Amelia loves the bath but apparently this pool didn't meet her minimum temperature requirements.
-----
Miya and I played ball back and forth.
-----
Nana and Spencer were having a fun race to the beach on our last night there. This makes Aaron think of the Rocky theme music.
-----
Papa Jim and Nana bought a fancy kite for the kids to share while we were at the beach. This is a cool shot with Spencer flying the kite and Papa helping.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like such a great time. Thank you for sharing all the great photos. Oh ya and you are welcome Aaron.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a great time with your family! It was good to see you.

    ReplyDelete