After feeding Amelia 12 ounces in one sitting on Sunday I decided that she's probably ready for baby food. She is four and a half months which is about when we started the other kids. We gave her some rice cereal with Apples mixed in. She LOVED IT!! This picture of her sucking it down is my little Lia in action.
I made her 2 Tbsp (a serving size for her) and was worried that it was way too much for her first time but not so. Here is the victory picture. She loved playing with the spoon after she polished off the bowl. After all that she still needed a bottle because she was a little bit hungry. At least we know why she's so chubby.Speaking of Chubby the baby went to her four month checkup on Tuesday. She is 2' 1.5" (90%), 17 lb and 2 oz (95%), and has a 16.5" head (75%). Aaron loves saying how tall she is in feet and inches so I play along for laughs. Amelia has grown 7.5" and gained 10 pounds since birth. That's about two inches and 2.5 pounds a month. That's amazing! No wonder she sleeps a lot.
Aaron had his first full week of being a stay at home Dad and if these pictures are any indication I think it went pretty well. The funny part is that this was all Spencer's idea. I think he noticed that Dad was feeling a bit overwhelmed and asked me if I knew where the back roller was. Then he all but commanded Dad to get on the floor so he could reach. It actually feels really good and I had to get in line for my turn too.
Miya was really getting into the whole back rolling thing. She was singing him little bits of songs too so he wouldn't get bored as he was getting worked on.
Yay for Amelia!! I'm happy she likes baby food... it took Owen FOREVER to like it! William took to it just like Amelia did though. She's a growing girl, she needs extra nourishment!
ReplyDeleteAaron looks super relaxed! Ha ha ha, I love that the kids were giving him massages, too cute!