Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Stressball

So let me just start out this post by saying I LOVE being pregnant. I think it is just a miracle and most things are just fabulous. This picture totally represents how happy and cute I feel. I love that I get fun random cravings to try food that I haven't eaten in a while or ever (like fish). I love feeling the baby move inside and making Aaron feel her too. I love buying at or just looking at baby clothes and imagining my little girl to be. I especially love that when I get on the scale and weigh more than I did the last time my nurse and doctors congratulate me and then tell me to keep on going!

However, my body does not like being pregnant. This picture shows how it feels about the whole thing. It's not the usual pregnant woman problems like not being able to breathe or the indigestion, I have that too. What's my problem? I'm trying to kick out the baby. That's right, for a two hour chunk at least once a day I have contractions that are 2-10 minutes apart. LAME, does not even begin to describe it. They are incredibly painful and are actually advancing my cervix (currently 25% effaced). The contractions go away around two hours after they start so I don't end up going to the hospital - my doc said wait three hours then come in. Those two hours are usually spent timing them, recording them, and stressing out about whether or not I need to get ready to go and find someone to watch my kiddos.

Most of the time the contractions just occur at random and I can't help having them. However they increase when I do the mandatory mommy things like: take a shower, unload or load the dishwasher, cook dinner, or do the laundry. What does that leave? Not a whole lot. I can: scrapbook, sew, play on the internet, read, Sudoku, watch tv, or play on the floor with the kids (however this tends to lead to them jumping on me which induces contractions). Thus, the stressball. I can't keep my house clean, or do any of the other things I need to do. I'm trying to kick out my baby at 25 weeks, which is way too early, and there is absolutly NOTHING I can do about it. I just have to wait out the next fifteen-ish weeks until the baby comes, which may even happen on time, and try to live through the pain, the stress, and the dirty house.

3 comments:

  1. I understand the stress that you are going through I remember it with Brian. It is hard to live through but like with Spencer and Miya you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it! I know you can. You've done it twice, you can do it again! (I'll be your little cheerleader!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, what a pain. I'm so sorry Julie. I really do understand, though at least my contractions weren't painful. Preterm labor=no fun. I can't imagine dealing with it while already having little kids running around. Hope you feel better and get to bake that baby in comfort a while longer!

    ReplyDelete