Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Acquiring The Pumpkins

For our family night this week we went back to the Center Grove Orchard (our third trip this year) and acquired our pumpkins. Of course no Orchard trip would be complete without some stops around the farm too...

Because we went on a Monday night there were only three families there (including us) so we managed to get the corn pool all to ourselves. Aaron decided this was a good opportunity to get buried in corn. Spencer and I had a lot of fun burying him.

Next we went into the old school house. We hadn't been in before so it was fun and I couldn't resist the picture of my cute kids ready to learn.

This made me laugh. Notice the little goat standing on the roof? Miya said, "uh oh goat on House! Get down goatee!" Spencer then ran over and said, "Mom, the goat on the house, bad bad goat!" Safety first.

Here's Spencer with the prize pumpkin. It took him a while to pick just the right one. His only criteria? He had to be able to lift it.

Miya looked around for a while too but choose this one because it was, "like a ball".

I actually really like this picture of me. Aaron does great work! I wanted something roundish too. Usually I go with the long and skinny ones but decided to change it up.

Aaron being cute picking his pumpkin. While I was taking this picture Spencer was telling Aaron that he needed to pick it up like him. Then he demonstrated by putting his pumpkin down then picking it back up.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun! I love their concern for the goat on the house. Too funny - I laughed out loud and then had to share with Seth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a ton of fun. I love your beautiful green shirt. Looked like a wonderful day to go get the pumpkins..not to cold yet.

    ReplyDelete