Saturday, February 16, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

I'd been thinking about making shaped pancakes for a while now and Valentine's seemed like a fun occasion to do it for. Unfortunately I didn't think it all the way through and my plastic heart cookie cutters didn't work but I did have a few metal ones to try. The kids loved going through the cookie cutters with Aaron to pick out which ones they wanted to use.


Here's the finished product. They're pretty cute and I couldn't believe how much better my kids ate when they were shaped like animals and trains. It was a fun way to bring the kids into it.

I got Aaron this cute frog and the Hugs and also a Date! We rarely date and this time we went to lunch at Chili's and then Aaron got $25 to spend at The Home Depot. An Aaron dream come true. We're working on putting in another bathroom so he bought some pipe fittings and some other things to get it started. Aaron got me the cute shelf that's under the frog and we are going to use it as a spice rack. We've been shopping for one of those for a while but never found one we liked with spices that we'd actually use so we got this awesome shelf and they have fancy spices at Target that we are filling it with as our old ones get used up.

My friend Deann Cox watched the kids while we went on our date and she took this picture of us at her house. We don't have a lot of pictures of just the two of us since the kids happened so this was fun. I also like how we coordinate.

I'm so grateful to have Aaron in my life and I can't believe I ever survived without him. He's awesome with the kids, he's so helpful around the house, and he makes me feel cute and loved, even when he's not trying to.

Happy Valentine's Day!

3 comments:

  1. What a great mom you are. Sounds like a wonderful Valentines Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your valentine's day pancakes are so cute. I made heart shaped ones but did't think to take a picture. Sounds like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pancakes..aren't date nights great?! We returned from our v-day date to 2 of 3 kids bawling their eyes out..our poor babysitter!

    ReplyDelete