Friday, November 23, 2007

Decorating the Tree

When Spencer and Miya were born we got them ornaments for the tree to commemorate their birth. I was so excited that they could help put them up this year. Miya was excited she knew exactly what to do with it. Here she is putting it on.











Spencer had the idea too but the finer points escaped him. He would lay the ornament on the tree but not actually hook it on. And, just like last year, he found a lot of random stuff that needed to go on the tree. Especially his little Santa and Mrs. Clause little people. He kept finding more to come and put on the tree. Last year he put a little wheel like from the bottom of a roll around chair.






Aaron and I got these cute s'mores people for our first Christmas together. I thought it was fitting for me to get a picture hanging it up.






Aaron eating. He was great helping this year. He even did the hard work on the lights as I followed behind him. When I told him that deserved a snack he took me seriously and sat down and dug in. It was pretty cute. The kids kept going back and forth helping me put stuff on the tree and getting munchies from Dad.

Here they are with the tree. I love how our ceilings are tall enough to accommodate our tree. Before we had to get pretty creative to fit this topper on. It's too bad the fan chains are in the way. I love the tin on Spencer's head. It was there for quite a while, his new hat.

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tree you guys. I like the snack idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to see that Aaron carried on the family tradition of the men helping a little and eating a lot. Your tree is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you have your tree already! Maren is hot on my tail to get our Christmas decorations out. That tree topper is really tall, looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am amazed that all of your ornaments for the tree and located at two heights. My trees always seem to be lopsided. We are decorating our tree tonight for FHE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like your kids had lots of fun decorating! I'm excited for when James is old enough to help. I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving! love, Becca

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this time of year! So fun to see the kids helping to decorate!

    ReplyDelete