Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Katrina Devastation

I was amazed at the devastation of Hurricane Katrina more than two years later. I can only imagine what it would have been like had we seen it closer to when it actually happened. Lisa took us on a little tour of Pascagoula, Mississippi and everything that happened there.

Here we are at a beach and that used to be a peer behind us, one of their favorites, that was just blown away.

This building was gutted, we found a lot of these. Buildings that look alright from far away but when you get up close you can see that they are no more. I like the boat being moved next to it. There was another more amazing building but we didn't get a picture of it. We were driving up and it looked solid because we could only see the top floor. Then getting closer there were no outer or inner walls at all, just gone, amazing!!

This used to be a bridge connecting the two halves of the city. You can see how its still there but in the water. They built a new bridge to make up for the loss of this one but clean up is still hard. I was amazed to see boats going around in the water. I would be afraid I'd run into a piece of the old bridge.

1 comment:

  1. Julie,
    I am looking at all your old blog posts- you look so happy!

    ReplyDelete