Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Fun to the 4th

We had a really fun 4th. They don't allow fireworks in our fair state but I don't think the kiddies would like them much anyway. They have these pretty cool confetti poppers that we got a whole package of. They seemed a lot more in our age group then fireworks anyway. There were two kinds. One you twist the bottom and they pop out long confetti strings. Miya is playing with some in the picture. She got a real kick out of it floating down on her from the sky.

Last year Spencer Hated the fusee we used to light the sparklers. This year he really liked it. He'd point to it and smile and go "yeah yeah yeah" it was pretty fun. I still don't think he totally gets it though because he kept trying to touch it. He wasn't happy when we told him he couldn't. He liked the Sparklers a lot this year too. However, he didn't want to hold them once they were lit. He really liked holding the unlit ones and then handing a new one to Aaron when the one Aaron had went out.

Miya loved the Sparklers. She didn't even hesitate when I put it in her hand. She reached right out and grabbed it. The only problem was she kept trying to poke at it with her finger on the other hand. I kept having to hold her hand back and make sure she didn't burn herself. She was also really excited about the fusee. She kept trying to go down the deck stairs to look at it. When I put her down there she pointed to it and said, "ooooh". It was really cute.

The other kind of confetti thing was a big tube that you shake and strips of paper come out the end. Aaron and I had a lot of fun with these but the kids didn't seem to care that much. They would just sit there and play as Aaron and I shook the paper down onto them. They did like the tubes the confetti came in though. Spencer was banging them on everything and Miya was fencing with me. It was really fun. I had one in my hand and she crawled over and started to whack mine with hers and smiling really big. Too cute!!

1 comment:

  1. I love the 4th pictures. They are adorable. It sounds like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete