Sunday, July 15, 2007

Family Fun

Aaron and I have been amazed at how much Spencer is learning in Nursery at church. We had Family Night for the first time since Miya was born and we were wondering what we should do for an activity and Spencer said "Rosie." Aaron and I looked at each other and wondered if he could mean Ring Around the Rosie. We asked him and he was so excited and said "yeah, yeah, yeah, yep!" in his cute little voice.

We also thought Miya would be too young since she couldn't walk on her own yet. Spencer insisted that she join us so Aaron and I each took a hand and had a go. As you can see from the picture she LOVED the around part but she didn't like the falling. I think it might have scared her. We did that over and over again until I was too tired and decided to take pictures of Aaron and the kids doing it instead.

We got this fun tunnel at Target (surprise, surprise, Target being our favorite place). Spencer had one in Nursery in Ames. So I've been looking for some and this one was half off so it was a good deal and cool. Miya surprises us every day with all the things she can do and the tunnel was no exception. After she saw Spencer do it she knew just what to do and crawled through on her own, fun, fun!! Spencer thought she was going too slow and ended up passing her in the tunnel, amazing because it is not even 19" across.

I thought I'd give the tunnel a try and it was amazingly hard for someone of my size to fit though it. It was fun though, especially when Spencer came in and tried to go in behind me but couldn't fit. Then yesterday I looked over and saw that Aaron was crawling though the tunnel randomly. The kids were laughing and jumping around him. We have a great time.

Another of our favorite activities is coloring. Aaron brings home scrap paper from work and we use our crayons and have hours of fun. Spencer loves to color ("cuhlee") and when he gets bored he brings over the crayons and gets some paper from the file drawer and brings it too me. I'm surprised he hasn't done it yet because he doesn't like it when I type for too long. Anyway, Miya's pretty good at coloring too. She even does it now instead of just putting the crayon in her mouth and making the yuck face. She was coloring and Spencer clapped his hands, "yea, Sissy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment