I have been a very bad blogger lately because I've been so busy getting ready for Alex. I always want to do so many things before the new baby comes. Here are a few of the many many things I've been working hard at.This is his quilt. I love it!! It turned out even better than I expected it too and all the fabric is dots, a fun twist that I've never tried.
This is his blessing blanket. I was going to do a really neat pattern but after several attempts I couldn't even get one row figured out so it's just plain but maybe that's better for a little boy.
His other crocheted blanket turned out much better. It was a pattern too and super easy. I was surprised at how easy it was compared with how fancy. However, it took a long long time. Each row took me from 20-30 minutes to do. There are 16 rows per stripe and 13 stripes. All in all it took me about 87 hours of limited free time. Let me tell you I was glad when I finished.
The last project was a felt stocking that I finished last night. All the kids have something different on their stockings and after having five others it was difficult to find a cute one for Alex that didn't involve: Santa, Snowmen, Nativity, Gingerbread, or Bears. I love it though and I think it's perfect. It is especially great because it only took me about a week from start to finish.With all this done I think I'll have more time for blogging and maybe you'll hear about the Schloemer adventures more often. If not baby Alex comes in 51 more days and I'll be blogging then for sure.
I'm so impressed with all of your craftiness. Everything turned out so cute!
ReplyDeleteJulie, it's official: you're amazing! I love all the baby stuff, and am envious of your organization. I am so out of control at this point!
ReplyDeleteWow... i'm extremely impressed with your crafty talent! That blue Crocheted blanket is especially my favorite! It's beautiful!!!!! I can't wait to meet your new little Alex when he gets here :)
ReplyDelete