We went with the Wagner family to the National Balloon Classic on August 1st in Indianola, basically a hot air balloon festival that had a bunch of fun side stuff for the kids.
-----
The bounce house was our first entertainment stop while we waited for the "mass ascension" (more about that later).
-----
Spencer got really tired in the bounce house, he kept falling down and after a while lost the will to get back up.
-----
The bounce house was our first entertainment stop while we waited for the "mass ascension" (more about that later).
-----Spencer got really tired in the bounce house, he kept falling down and after a while lost the will to get back up.
-----I love how Miya is just flying in the air and Spencer is taking the more conservative approach.
-----The kids were also really excited about this giant slide. You can see little tiny Spencer peeking over the edge.
-----Here he is at the bottom. He had so much fun that he snuck past the ticket taker and had more than one go.
-----Here's little Miya flying down the slide.
-----Waiting for the "mass ascension" this is an actual technical term they use for when a bunch of balloons take off at the same time. It totally made us all laugh though and Donavun instantly thought of the rapture when all the saints are taken up to heaven.
-----Aaron and Spencer are checking out this guy who is dangling beneath a bunch of balloons attached by a vest. Donavun kept saying how he wouldn't feel secure in a hot air balloon I think that wouldn't bother me but this would freak me out.
-----My cute little munchkins checking out the balloons.
-----I love how Spencer is showing that there are two balloons with both hands (which, of course, would actually make four).
-----Spencer and Miya made binoculars with their hands, it cracked me up and I wonder if they actually saw them better this way.
-----The baby was loving this and staring up at the balloons the whole time in awe of so many fun things to look at.
-----We had a pretty good wind going that night so even though there were close to 100 balloons - so I hear I didn't actually count them, we never really got too many in one shot.
-----More of Amelia oohing and aahing.
-----They had a race to see who could get off the ground first, about thirty minutes later these guys are nearly ready to go, they lost but look pretty cool for my picture.
-----I think this was Spencer's favorite balloon because it had so many different colors of green on it.

Ooh, I love hot air balloons. That would have been fun to see.
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you had a great time. I love the balloons, I think I would like to ride in one someday.
ReplyDeletethat looks so cool! The balloon festivals here in vegas always get cancelled due to wind. Some day...
ReplyDeleteLooks like you all had a blast:)
ReplyDelete