
So we were wanting to play in the snow ever since it started about two weeks ago. It snowed before that but it hasn't melted at all in the last two weeks. Well, we were waiting for it to be above the single digits to play. Today it was 23 degrees when we were playing, down right balmy for this time of year. So here we are. Notice Miya's cute hair, this is only the second time we've done it like this, she's finally decided that it's a good thing to get her hair done and doesn't scream the whole time.

This is Miya loving the red sled. Aaron played bowling with the children. He'd get running really fast and then just let the sled go and stop on it's own. There aren't a lot of hills in Iowa so this is the best way to get up speed. They loved it! Miya would say "woah" as the sled would come to a stop. She got pretty nervous when she was pointed at someone and she thought she was going to hit them. Then she was upset when she stopped too. When I had to stop to take pictures of Spencer she'd sit there the whole time with a grumpy face until we moved again.

Speaking of hills in Iowa here's a big one created by the plow going through. It was a rough ride getting on top but notice Spencer's smile as he squirms with anticipation for the decent. Aaron was pretty cute about it too laughing and such. Aaron is actually standing in our plowed street. It's not that they haven't gotten to us yet this is as good as it gets. Amazing! They figure it snows so much that if they just pack it down it's good enough and people just drive on it like normal.

Miya on the other sled. This one is inflatable so a lot better ride but it doesn't have the seatbelt and high sides so we lost her out the side once. She did a face plant in the snow and just stayed there because she didn't know what to do. Her little cries were muffled and everything. Poor baby!

Spencer tipped over too. He had the same problem as Miya. We took a corner too fast and lost the baby out the side. He was so funny crying not because he fell but because the ride stopped. We suggested going inside but he just wanted more. What a tough kid!
I love all the photos. I think it is so funny that the kids are all bundled up and there is Aaron without a coat or gloves...go dad.
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you had a great time. I think it will be so great to have snow again. They are tough kids, they would have to be. Dumping them out into the snow. How mean...
ReplyDeleteHi Julie! I'm glad you're enjoying the snow, and I like the picture with you and Miya in your holiday attire. It's fun to feel pretty and dressed up, and as moms it doesn't happen too often. :) And I thought Utah was cold! I'll show my dog the pictures of all the snow next time she gives me a pitiful face when I lock her outside for an hour. I'm freezing when it's in the 50s here. And thanks for leaving comments on my blog! It's always a nice surprise to get a comment, usually my family just emails me.
ReplyDelete