It was a really windy day today so for family night we decided to fly out kite. It was really hard to keep this kite in the air. I don't know if the problem was the wind, the kite, or our limited ability in flying but it kept plummeting to the ground. Here's poor Spencer ducking so it doesn't whack him as it goes by.-----
The kids loved chasing the kite and trying to grab the strings as it flew. It was fun to watch them go.-----
The baby and I even got a turn to fly it. The baby was more interested in the handle and kept trying to pry it out of my hand so she could test for nutritional value.-----
Aaron did most of the kite flying because he was just better at it than I was. It was fun to take pictures of all the fun too.-----
Spencer had a go with the kite and he did really well. I think he got it up the farthest of all of us.-----
Miya did well too but she kept giggling the whole time.-----
I bet you could guess what happened to the kite next. Miya kept walking toward the kite and before I knew it the kite was right next to this tree and I noticed just it time to see it all tangled up. Later we had to stage a rescue and we were going to get pictures but I was too busy holding the ladder so Aaron didn't plummet to his death.-----
Amelia loved hanging out in the grass and watching us fly the kite. I also think she may have sampled some grass at some point but I didn't see it for myself so you never know.-----
We love the pictures of the kite flying. It is so fun to go fly a kite. The kite looks like a big one.
ReplyDeletegreat kite... If Amelia held that it would carry her away! Love ya.
ReplyDelete