Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

We've reached the end of another anniversary. It's been four years since Aaron and I tied the knot at the Mount Timpanogos Temple in Utah. I can honestly say that we've had our ups and downs but mainly, and especially lately, it's been ups, way ups! I'm grateful for all of our experiences together and our two beautiful children. I'm am also profoundly grateful for the blessing I have of being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. One of the most important teachings to me in the gospel is eternal families. We believe that families can be together forever after we die and that is why we go to the temple to be "sealed". I was married and sealed to Aaron on April 23, 2004 for time and all eternity and I know that if I work hard we will be together and there is no one that I would rather share it with. I am also sealed to my parents which is a great comfort since my Dad's death and I know we will see each other again and be together. I know I have friends and family who read this that are not LDS but let me just say that I know the blessing, even the idea, of eternal families has changed my life and it has had a profound influence on my marriage. We work hard and try to be there for each other because we both want that goal. It helps us forget the things that aren't important when we picture ourselves as being forever.

I intended this to be a lighter post but I feel that I need to share my testimony that I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is true. I know that because when I read my scriptures, pray, and go to church I feel the love of the Lord in my life. I know that because I visited the Sacred Grove where the Prophet Joseph Smith saw God the Father and Jesus Chist and I felt the spirit tell me that this is God's work. When I pray he answers my prayers through other's actions, through my own thoughts, or through miracles (my two babies that I was told I couldn't have). I have read the Book of Mormon many times but I am always amazed at the spirit I feel when I read it every night and the lack in my life when I forget. I often find it hard to express myself on the gospel so I don't say anything but I know that this Church is true and I am grateful for its influence in my life. I also know that anyone else, through prayer and scripture study, can also have this testimony of its truth.

On a lighter note we did have a great day today. Aaron made me eggs this morning, which was a surprise because I usually make breakfast. We went on a date too and my friend Laura Meyer watched the kids (thanks again it was awesome). Well maybe not a full date, we went out to dinner but we came home and put the kids right to bed and watched a happy chick-flick (Aaron loves them too!). Sadly Aaron has to work tonight which is why I can blog at 11:30PM on my anniversary but we made it though most of the day with him home so that was great. Unfortunately I did get a speeding ticket which I totally don't understand because I saw the cop, saw the 55 sign and saw my 57 speedometer but apparently it was 45 before the sign, whatever! And I smashed my finger pretty hard in the car door, I still have the dent four hours later and a big bruise. Amazingly these things didn't ruin my day but they added to the adventure. I can't wait to see what the next year will bring for us!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations you guys, I hope the next year is even better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! You look beautiful. I think that those are the first of your wedding pictures I've seen. Congratulations and enjoy forever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! That's pretty lame that he gave you a speeding ticket :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have lots of family & friends that are mormon. I have to say that I love the fact that every mormon I know are dedicated to reading scriptures and create very close families.

    Congratulations on 4 years. Time flies. It'll be 10 in no time!

    ReplyDelete