Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Things for a New Year

Miya and Amelia in their cute new tutus and wings that they got from the Wagner family. Aren't they adorable!?! They both love them and it was difficult to convince Miya that it was a bad idea to wear her tutu to church. Amelia really liked hers because she always had something to play with even when she dropped her toy.

Amelia stood by herself for the first time yesterday, to make it even better she was wearing a tutu and wings at the time. This was a long time in the making. Amelia believes herself to be a big girl and thinks she can do things the other kids can. Often she lets go while standing and falls on her bum, this time she was successful and it was so exciting to catch it with the camera.

Spencer got a handful, literally, of trucks and look at the big smile! He's been teaching Amelia all day what each of them does. He loves getting his picture taken and will invent new reasons we should take pictures. Whenever he thinks I look especially cute he'll tell me, "mom, you look good, we should take your picture!" It's so sweet!

Today was Miya's first day in Primary at church, she's a Sunbeam now! She was so excited to go to her class that all though the first meeting she kept asking if it was over yet and she could go sit with her teacher. When I picked her up at the end of church I asked her if she had fun and she said, "Oh yeah!" Later we were talking about it and she said, "I went to Sunbeams in my class with my teacher! I made a crown!"

Spencer felt like a big boy being in the CTR 4 class. When I asked him about his day he told me, "We learned about CTR 4 and I cut with scissors by myself and glued again by myself. I glued the picture of CTR (Choose the Right) and I colored it then I brought it home. And I colored the letters. I talked about sharing and we sang good songs!" I am so grateful for my membership in a church that supports families so well with classes to teach my children about God and how to be good people.

2 comments:

  1. Cute kids!!! We think that Amelia was actually taking her first flight with her new wings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures of the kids and you look great. I also like the name of the blog it is very cleaver.

    ReplyDelete