Spencer loves to sing. He's so cute with the variety of songs he chooses. His favorites are "Old McDonald Carnivore" and "Follow the Prophet". He's become quite good at the latter. For those who know the song he can even sing the verse about Adam.
He chose that for his nighttime song the other night. After we sang the Adam verse and the chorus he wasn't done so we asked him which other prophets he knew. He quickly replied, "Howard Hunter". I was shocked because he was the prophet for so short a time and it was so long before Spencer was born. We asked him if he knew who the prophet was now and he said he didn't know. He must have been having a senior moment because he totally knows. To try and give him a hint I said his first name is Thomas. "Oh," he says, "I know, it's Thomas Edison." ?!?!? Where did that one come from? I told him that Thomas Edison wasn't actually a prophet. Then I asked him if he knew what Thomas Edison did. He said, "Yeah, he made bulbs!"
This kid totally blows my socks off sometimes.
I love that Spencer knows that song and that he knows who Thomas Edison is I don't think you or anyone else at that age knew who he was. What an amazing child.
ReplyDelete